dclark

95 Pro to XP Pro

I am still running Office 95 Pro. I have decided to move to Office XP Pro. Since 95 is not an upgrade path to XP, any ideas as to problems I may have converting existing data files to the newer version? I purchased a copy of Office 97 Pro (a legal copy that was a closeout and thus cheaper than Office 2000 upgrade) to qualify for the upgrade to XP and was wondering if I should first install 97 Pro and convert my data files and then install XP and convert again. Or just let XP do the conversion?
    Any thoughts?

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 95 Pro to XP Pro

Hi! How many files are you talking about, and which apps are you heaviest in?
    Karen

dclark

This is for home use, so not a lot of files. Two Access databases with 2000 - 3000 records. One database in progress of building. Several spreadsheets, and maybe 50 Word documents.

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think you'll have issues too bad with the Excel (unless you have some pretty complicated formulae or macros written into the spreadsheets) and Word (there are issues, but if you are dealing with about 50 documents, it will probably be negligable). You may want to post separately in the Access forum about the databases. I know there have been issues, but I'm unsure if it was bring a db forward or in backward compatability.
    Karen

dclark

Thanks Karen.

D Clark

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

the biggest problem will be if you have a lot of macros in word.

i would not install office 97, just wait for your copy of XP.