5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create a form - 'Personal web server' (2003)

I want to make a web page with check-boxes on it that my users will be able to update. (It's a seminar sign up sheet. Simply a 2 column list of everyone's names and a checkbox). I have Front page 2003. I gather than I will need some sort of Web server to suport this function. But right now, for testing purposes, I would like to serve the files from my persoanl computer.

I don't really know much about this. I have IIS installed on XP Pro (SP2). I haven't been able to find any clear instructions in FP help.

Thanks for a push in the right direction.

Thanks

Re: Create a form - 'Personal web server' (2003)

IIS creates a web server service in the control panel. You use a MMC snap-in to manage the web server service and, in particular, to create a root folder for your web. Then you can publish from FP to that folder (using a local address like 127.0.0.1 should work, or your computer's name). I haven't done it for years, but I suspect this multi-step process hasn't changed much since FP 2000.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create a form - 'Personal web server' (2003)

Looks like you can install Front Page Server extensions on an IIS installation on Windows XP Pro. Now all I have to do is make the form work properly.