5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Joy Stick Question

I am helping an older fellow who is a pilot with some of the flight simulation games. I have no experience with them. On his joystick, there is a button named 8-way hat switch. This is a Logitech joystick but it seems most joysticks have this feature. We can not figure out what the 8-way hat switch does. Can anyone help? Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Joy Stick Question

8-Way Hat Switch, High-Precision Throttle

8-Way Hat Switch, High-Precision Throttle, and 7 Action Buttons including Rapid-Fire Trigger
    Select from 8 points of view with the thumb-operated hat switch. Adjust the throttle precisely and quickly. And get easy access to fire weapons, select targets, and perform other functions using both hands. Plus the rapid-fire trigger delivers bursts of bullets that could save you in battle.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Joy Stick Question

In addition to Dave's helpful link, you'll find that most games have their own configuration for such settings. Since a wide variety of input devices and user preferences are supported, each game usually allows you to specify what you want each button to do.

One of the first things I do with each new game (or game demo) is reassign the control keys to those of my liking. I've been using the same basic set of control keys for games for nearly 10 years!

Hope this helps