Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange word error (Word 2002 SP-2)

I wonder if someone can help me with a strange problem. I have created a two page letter which contains a small graphic. The finished file size is only 66kb. I can open and save the template no problem but when I try to create a new document from it I get the following error "There is not enough memory or disk space to There is insufficient memory or disk space. Close extra windows and save your work". The typo is in the error - I didn't do it! I can find no help with this error in the Knowledge Base and it is really bugging me. I wonder if the small graphic has some sort of corruption, but it it necessary for the template. I will recreate my template without the graphic to see if it makes a difference and then reinsert it but I just wondered if anyone had heard of this error. Many thanks in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange word error (Word 2002 SP-2)

If the problem is not present in a copy of the template without the graphic, you can try the following:
    - Open the template with the graphic.
    - Click on the graphic.
    - Cut it to the clipboard (Ctrl+X)
    - Select Edit | Paste Special...
    - Select Picture in the list of available formats.
    - Click OK.

Microsoft also mentions that some anti-virus software may cause this error. You could test this by temporarily turning your anti-virus software off. Don't forget to turn it back on immediately after the test! You don't want to leave your PC unprotected for long.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, thank you very much for your prompt reply. Unfortunately it still happens with the Paste Special method you explained. Strangely, if I put the logo into the Header and Footer layer then it opens a new document ! I may have to just go with it this way. I need a macro to remove the graphic when the letter is being printed in its final form. I don't want to turn off my AV as I need this to work with AV on as it will be getting used by multiple users. Thanks anyway.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I certainly didn't mean to suggest that turning off anti-virus software would be a viable solution, but it might be interesting as a test, since Microsoft suggests that the error message you get may be related to AV software.

If you wish, you can post a copy of the template, with proprietary/sensitive information removed.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry Hans I realise what you meant. I'll maybe try at home (different AV) because I'm worried about what may happen if I get infected here at work!! We have been virus free for 6 years and I don't want to be the one that lets one in!! I can't post the template as the sensitive information that I have to remove is the graphic that's causing the problem!!