Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hangs during publish (FP2003 SP1)

I have had a strange problem since upgrading the computers on my home network to FrontPage 2003.

I publish my web site using passive ftp to a server with no FrontPage extensions. This worked fine when I used to run FP2002.

I have two different PCs that have both been upgraded to FP2003. The local copy of the web site is shared so that both PCs can edit, publish etc. To simplify this desciption the PC that hosts the share is PC1 and the other is PC2

PC1 can publish the web site with no problems. PC2 hangs after transferring 10 to 20 pages. I have left it for up to an hour to make sure it wasn't going to continue but with no success.

I tried copying all the files to a local drive on PC2 and publishing from there, but this made no difference.
    I tried deleting everything on the web server and then publishing from PC2 but this made no differenece either.

In frustration I formatted the system disk on PC2 and reinstalled all the software (this needed doing anyway) and much to my amazement I still have the same problem!

Any suggestions?

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hangs during publish (FP2003 SP1)

Replying to myself.

Careful checking and retesting found a difference between the two PCs. Only the failing one was set to use Passive FTP. Presumably the ISP was running out of available sockets at an inconvenient time!

StuartR