Bronze Lounger
    Virginia, USA

Sierra Utilities?

I'm trying to ferret out an IE hijacking, and (among many other things) I'm looking at Add/Remove Programs to see what's there. I find this item called Sierra Utilities. I've never heard of that one before, so I Googled it and found a gamers discussion where this one dude wrote a flaming, curse-laden diatribe again Sierra Utilities. It seems to be associated with games (I don't play computer games, but the owner of this computer plays lots of them). The author of this flaming essay said he'd uninstalled Sierra Utilities, and in doing so had lost all his .exe files. He said even Spybot and AdAware got sucked away.

Is anyone here familiar with Sierra Utilities? I'm not going to uninstall until I have better information. Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Quedgeley, Gloucester, England

Re: Sierra Utilities?

You could always ask at -- they have a Technical Support dept.

It is always possible that the unfortunate person who was so negative about them in the BBS was just unlucky?

However, if there was ever a good reason for doing a drive image copy just before trying to uninstall their utilities, I think this may be it!

<font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...