Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Speed (FireFox 1.0)

From everything I read and have heard Mozilla's FireFox 1.o is supposed to be so very fast. I have a high speed Internet modem connection and I see absolutely no difference in connection speed between IE 6.0 and FireFox 1.0. They both take approximately 3 seconds to load the browser's home page. Is this out of the ordinary that Mozilla's speed would be no better than IE's? If so what could be causing it? I don't believe that a 3 second connection speed is bad at all but I seem to be in the minority when I see no difference between Mozilla'a and IE's speed.

Also when I create TABS in Mozilla by doing a CTRL + T it very often replaces an already existing TAB instead of creating a new TAB as it should. Any thoughts on this problem?

Thanks
    H Lewton

Thanks

Re: Speed (FireFox 1.0)

On the first issue, the download time between the two browsers should be the same. This has more to do with your connection and the server than with the browser. You might see differences in screen rendering time for more complex layouts, and when you revisit a site or click the Back button (due to the way cached pages are handled), o rin other area. I certainly haven't run a comparison.

Regarding tabs, I'm not sure what you mean. I can press Ctrl+T 20 times and I get 20 blank tabs. I have a "plain vanilla" install of Firefox 1.0 Preview, without any special extensions. Can you describe your experience in a bit more detail?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I still have the older version, but under TAb/Tabbrowser Extension Preferences/TabGroups/Advanced, there is an option to "replace the tab to the new tabs, when only one tab is open or the tab has no group". Does this have any effect on your tab behavior?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Jscher2000,

By doing a CTRL + T, as you see, it opens a new TAB. Then by typing a new URL into the url line a new TAB should be created leaving the first TAB in tact. It does this most of the time (7 out of 10 attempts) but failed and replaced the open TAB in three instances when it should have created a new TAB and not replaced the one that was open when CTRL + T was pressed.

I will check out Phil
    H Lewton

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Phil,

I don
    H Lewton

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

What you describe in <post#=413739>post 413739</post#> is different than what you describe in <post#=413436>post 413436</post#>. If you're URLs aren't opening in a new tab, that's different than Ctrl+T not creating a new tab. I would download the tab browser extension, which should give you more control over tab behavior. Since I haven't upgraded yet, I don't know if the extension is ready for prime time, but it's one of the most used extensions.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Phil,

Sorry if I wasn't explicit but I have no problem getting a new TAB with CTRL + T but it is blank until I fill in the url line then sometimes it will remain a new TAB and other times it will replace the TAB from where I started and I must use the back arrow to get to the first TAB.

I'll look into that extension.

Thanks.
    H Lewton