3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form in list but Access can't find it (2000)

I have a main menu form that is visible in the Forms list in the database window, but when I try to open it Access ignores me completely. My double clicks and CRs go unanswered. Also, whenever I try to do anything in code I get a message telling me that I have cancelled the previous operation. This may be referring to the AutoExec macro that is supposed to open the main menu form when the database first opens. For some reason Access wants to keep telling me this on every other keystroke.
    I have Compact and Repaired the database and also imported all the objects in the database into a new database, each without solving the problem. Is there anything else I can try?

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form in list but Access can't find it (2000)

Can you open the form in design mode?
    Does the form contain code to hide it (Me.Visible = False) in its On Open or On Load event, or does the AutoExec macro hide the form?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

No, the form does not open in design mode and does not have any code to hide it. I am also getting the 'you cancelled the previous operation', when I'm trying to do anything in code, even if I bypass AutoExec and open the database with the shift button down (i.e. I have not cancelled anything). I have restored from backup although have kept the corrupt version just in case there are any fixes to be tested. It would be nice to know if there was a way out of this if restoring from backup was not an option.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is usually not much you can do with a form if it has become corrupt. If you would like us to investigate the problem database, you can post a stripped down version with all non-relevant objects removed, but I doubt we will be able to find a cause, let alone repair it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think you're right, it's not recoverable. Thanks for your help.

Ian