2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change of standard colors (2000)

Hello everybody!

Actually, I am working on a presentation template, which has to follow some rules regarding the appearance of the presentations. One of the points I have to focus on, is the standard color palette. It consists of 56 colors, which may be chosen by clicking on them. Since this template follows a certain CI (corporate identity), I want to modify these colors, because the allowed colors do not correspond with the standard colors. In Excel one may define an own palette with Extras | Options | Colors. Now I would like to know, if there is a way to do something like this in PowerPoint as well. It would also be an option to change the color palette system wide, if anybody has an idea how this could be realised.
    Any help will be appreciated!

Best regards, Porley

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change of standard colors (2000)

First of all, thank you for your reply. I have read the two mentioned homepages, unfortunately without bringing real new information to me. It only confirmed, what I have already feared... But anyway, the palette of the 56 colors, which can be used from every (MS-)application, has to be defined somewhere. Now my idea is to change it system wide, if this will solve my problem. Unfortunately, I have no idea,if or how it could be done. Any suggestions out there?

Many greetings, Porley

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change of standard colors (2000)

Porley,

Powerpoint only allows you to put 8 colors in the color palette, (or color scheme as powerpoint calls it).
    There is no better explanation of the color schemes (that I know of) than these two pages.

http://www.echosvoice.com/colorschemes.htm
    http://www.echosvoice.com/colorschemes2.htm

You are now going to post back something about the color palette that is part of the "graph" area of powerpoint [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds