Star Lounger
    Thanks

New mail notice through screen saver (Outlook 2003 SP1)

Is there a way to configure Outlook 2003 to either stop a screen saver to display a new mail notice, or to display the notice on top of the screen saver?

Thanks,
    Kathy

Thanks

Re: New mail notice through screen saver (Outlook

I can't think of any built-in way to do those things. But screen savers can be full-fledged programs, so maybe someone has written a custom screen saver that displays information about Outlook's current status? There are a number of Outlook-oriented sites that list available add-ons and related programs, including Slipstick. Let us know if you find anything interesting.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New mail notice through screen saver (Outlook

Slipstick is exactly where I went, and found five that looked promising. I e-mailed the five companies and have heard back from two. New Mail Notifier (http://www.nistech.com/NewMailNotifier/Default.aspx) doesn't display over a screen saver because they had too many complaints about privacy. Express Mail@Mate (http://www.contextmagic.com/express-notification/) also responded and they do have the capability of displaying a notification window over a screen saver, but they do not list Outlook 2003 on their compatible programs list. Here's what they sent:

"Yes, Express Mail@Mate displays a popup notification when a screensaver is active. The popup notification box is displayed above the screensaver. Also you can configure Mail@Mate to display the main windows when a new message detected. In this case Mail@Mate stops the screensaver if it isn't password protected."

If I hear from any other companies, I'll list their responses here.

Thanks for your interest!
    Kathy