New Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Pictures in Signature

I can't seem to insert a picture from a file into my signature in Outlook. I can insert a clipart picture, but not a file (such as a .gif) I am set to send mail in HTML format. Any quick answer to this?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Pictures in Signature

Go to Tools|Options|Mail Format and click the signature picker. Select the signature you want to edit and click "edit". When the new window comes up select "advanced edit".

Word will open and you can use Insert|Picture|From File to add an image file.

Save and Close and the newly edited signature should be back in the signature picker!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Still missing something

Actually, I had done just that (should have explained more in my posting). From the "advanced edit" (WORD) option the signature opens in Word (as HTML Markup) but when I insert a picture from file nothing happens (no browser window asks me to point to a reference for the file- nothing). It's not grayed out, but it doesn't do anything when I click it (I don't have speakers at work so I don't know if it's making any noise associated with it). However, if I insert a picture from clipart it works just fine.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Still missing something

Weird. How 'bout this?

Can you copy and paste into that word document? Try opening the gif you want to use in another app (or in another word document) and pasting it into the signature.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Strangely enough that worked!! You are officially my hero!

Thank you.....

Lounger
    Thanks

Glad it worked. You're welcome!