New Lounger
    Thanks

Slide Show Pointer Options (2003)

In previous versions of Power Point, when in slide show mode, you could enable pointer options and draw on a slide when presenting. In the 2003 version, the options are there but nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slide Show Pointer Options (2003)

I just tested it and everything is working for me... what seems to be the problem? Maybe the pen color is the same color as your background? or it is hidden? Waiting to hear back... trish

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I haven't had this problem. You might try updating your video drivers and turning down hardware acceleration. http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00129.htm for instrux on hardware acceleration. For video drivers, visit the mfg of your computer or the video card.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I had already checked those options. When I right-click during the show, select Pointer Options>Ballpoint Pen or Highlighter or Felt Tip Pen, select Ink color and Arrow Options nothing changes. I still have the arrow. This feature did work in our previous versions of Power Point.

Just a side note, our company had just globally updated all our systems to Office 2003. My next course of action will be to check with our IT department.

Thanks all for your help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

One thing you might specifically ask them is whether the SP-1 fixes for Office 2003 have been applied to your system. I'm not aware of any fixes for PowerPoint in this area, but haven't done any real digging either.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Don't click the Arrow Options when you're wanting to use the pens. Select pointer options, select the type of pen, then select the ink color. The arrow options are for the arrow, and that's probably what's throwing you back to the arrow pointer...