2 Star Lounger
    Chicago, Illinois, USA

Recurring Password Request (XP)

I'm having one, maybe two problems with Outlook and I'm hoping you can help.

First, I get a request for the login password every five minutes or so, with all the correct information already entered. I just have to click on send and it goes back to work. This evening, it popped up as I was typing a document and what I was typing got added to the password.

Hence the second problem.

Now I can send and receive e-mail, but the Test Account Settings doesn't work. Now, it goes through the steps, it even congratulates me on a successful test , and then I get a mailer-daemon message moments later telling me the transmission failed.

Can anyone help me solve this baffling mystery. It would be nice to just receive e-mail without having the whole thing hang up until I enter the password. (And it would be nice not to have re-send the password info every few minutes too.)

For what it's worth, I've tried creating new e-mail accounts (with the same login information). That seems to work, but only for a day or so and then it's back to the frequent requests for login password. Unfortunately, it didn't work this evening.

Thank you.

Platinum Lounger

Re: Recurring Password Request (XP)

Hi Neal

Password problems in Outlook are often caused by incorrect information in a part of the registry. See if save password setting not retained in Outlook from the Microsoft knowledge base helps.