Star Lounger
    Thanks

Return Address (XP SP3)

I have a client who is having an issue with the Envelope and Label function. He occasionally wants to use a different return address for a business rather than his personal address. When he clicks on the drop down and selects the address listed, it says it doesn't exist. When he checks using the address book icon, it is there. I can't find a reason for this not to work. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Return Address (XP SP3)

See if this KB helps...

KB 326529

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the article. I couldn't find anything when I went to Microsoft's site. Must have put in the wrong string.

I'll try this and see if it works.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

That article did the trick. Thanks again

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oops - it didn't work. It's still having the same problem. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The machine belongs to the father of the owner of my company!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure I can help, but when you say the he uses the dropdown, are you talking about the address book icon from in the Envelope & Labels dialog box? The drop down, as far as I recall, only gives you the business address.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I had XP installed on my machine, I had the option of 2 addresses I could use for the Return address. As I used addresses from my address book, they would be in the drop down that I could choose from. (Occasionally did return address for my home, my boss' house, etc.) Is there a setting somewhere I just don't remember?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't have Word 2002, but I just re-read your first post. I was thinking of addressee's, not return addresses. I'm not aware of a setting that allows you to use different return addresses (which doesn't mean there isn't one). However, I can think of a workaround.

Create an autotext entry for the non default return address. e.g. if work is the primary return address, create one for home & name it hadd. Create one for the boss named badd, etc. When you bring up the envelope dialog box, just type in your autotext name & press F3. The only problem that I find with this is that every time you use a non default return address, you get a message asking if you want to make this the new default.