Lounger
    Thanks

Normal.dot creates odd looking New page (Office 2003)

Hi All! When I create a new, blank page in Word 2003, it shows up on screen (in print view) with no top and bottom margin showing (as white space). In other words, the cursor is blinking right at the top of the page. However, when I look at page setup, the top and bottom margins are set just fine. They are also present correctly when I use print preview.
    I opened the Normal.dot file and checked it and it opens as one would expect, correctly showing the top and bottom margin on the page. I did several checks to see if the normal.dot file being used was the correct one, and it is. I'm therefore baffled as to why the newly created document does not display the top and bottom margins. I suspect a setting somewhere in Word may be the culprit, but have no idea what to look for. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks! Davyboy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Normal.dot creates odd looking New page (Office 2003)

Are you sure you are in Page Layout view? In Normal view, the page margins are not displayed. If you are in Page Layout view, try the following:
    - Move the mouse pointer to the very top of the page
    - The mouse pointer should change to a box with two arrows, with tooltip "Show white space".
    - Click once.
    Does this unhide the white space?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Normal.dot creates odd looking New page (Office 2003)

Hi Hans! Bullseye..... You got this one first shot. Guess I knew the solution would be simple, just didn't know how to find it. Many thanks for your help. Keep up the good work. Davy.