2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

check boxes (E2000)

Good afternoon

I have a workbook that is a tariff, the total charge is determined by a ComboBox which allows the Country to be selected and then a rate is returned based on the choice of Country and the weight that has been entered into a different cell. Sometimes the client requires an additional service that is charged on weights lower than 100 kilos and a different rate for weights greater than 100. I would like to add a checkbox or a button would would be labelled for example 'additional service' which would then return the already calculated charge and add the appropriate amount, I envisage the formula being something like

=IF(D43<100,F43+94,IF(D43>100,F43+141,""))

I have put the check box onto the worksheet and in a cell underneath it I have placed the above formula but all it does is show false

Any help appreciated

Stephen

=IF

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: check boxes (E2000)

Sorry, I don't understand. What is the role of the check box in relation to the formula?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

All of the formulas I have already calculate a rate door to door, from the destination combo a and a weight input by the user a freight rate is calculated, there are several other standard charges such as security charges at x per kilo, transport etc. etc. this is all working fine. However, sometimes a client would require us to go into the home unpack the item and remove the packing material, for this we charge 94.00 for shipments <100 kilos and 141.00 for shipments >100 kilos.

Rather than create a new sheet with all of this information + an extra column that had a formula to add these charges to the total I thought it would be more effecient to incoperate a check box onto my form so that the user could decide whether or not they wanted this additional service and by checking it (for yes) the total price would change to reflect the fact that they wanted the additional service.

Hopefully this is a little clearer.

Cheers

Stephen

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You must link the check box to a cell.

If you used the Forms toolbar, right-click the check box, select Format Control..., activate the Control tab and specify the cell in the 'Cell link' box, either by typing the cell address or by pointing to the cell. Then click OK and click outside the check box.

f you used the Control Toolbox, turn on design mode (first button on the Toolbox), select the check box, and click the Properties button. Enter the cell address in the LinkedCell property; you cannot point to the cell. Then turn off design mode.

You must test the value of the linked cell (either TRUE or FALSE) in the formula that computes the total rate.

I have attached a workbook that demonstrates both types of check box. The one in row 2 was created from the Forms toolbar, that in row 4 from the Control Toolbox. the formula to compute the total rate in row 2 is

=F2+IF(I2,IF(D2<100,94,141))

where F2 contains the rate without extra services, I2 is the cell linked to the check box, and D2 contains the weight. Note that there is only one test for weight. The formula you proposed didn't take weight = 100 into consideration.