New Lounger
    Thanks

=rand() (2002XP)

Suddenly, my ability to create text for quickly explaining Word features has disappeared! Where did it go? How do I get it back? I have logged off, created a new normal, still no text. Heeeeeellllllp

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: =rand() (2002XP)

Do you have Tools/AutoCorrect.../Autocorrect tab/replace text as you type checked?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I assume that you are aware that =rand() to generate some lines of text only works if you type it on a line by itself, and if there are no manual page breaks above it.

I recommend that you work through the steps in Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi & Welcome to the Lounge

Slightly off topic, but I no longer use =rand() to generate dummy text. Instead I use an Auto Text entry that generates the pseudo-Latin Lorem ipsum text. It is very easy to set up, for details see how to insert dummy text on the Word MVP site.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I still use this old 'easter egg', as some people call it, and have been through all versions up to 2003... you must be doing something! Here is an article on it from an MVP site which also discussesTony's suggestion to use the lorem ipsum text... trish

=rand

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

IMHO the most useful/interesting Lorem Ipsum website is http://www.lipsum.com/

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...