New Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Control (2000 (9.0.6926) SP3)

I have a problem with getting this to work properly on users machines. I used to be on Version 7 of this control and my users were on newer versions. Every time I did a maintenance release of the application, I would have to recreate the control on various users machines and recreate the MDE. Now, following an upgrade, I am on version 10 of the control, but I still have the same problem. I cannot release software without first recreating the control to suit individual machines.

Is there any way I can standardise on this?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Control (2000 (9.0.6926) SP3)

I gave up on the calendar control for those exact reasons. The Access Developer's Handbook (various editions, I have the Access 97 version) includes a calendar built entirely within Access that you can import into your projects and avoid the problem. You could also try http://www.mvps.org and search for "calendar"
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

New Lounger
    Thanks

bummer, but thanks for the tip

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The situation depends on what versions are installed on the other machines. There was a basic incompatibility between the calendar control for Office 2000 and above and the one for 97 because they belonged to different versions of Visual Basic. Access 97 was based on VB5 and 2000 and later are based on VB6. If you are distributing a runtime version of the application, you can include the calendar control for the appropriate version.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the explanation. We are all running 2000 here and the problem is within that. For some reason, the VB version on my machine is different from everyone elses. I will go with the earlier suggestion and use the Calendar created wholly in Access