New Lounger
    Thanks

Selecting text in Word tables

One thing about Word tables has bugged me for a long time:
    When editing text in Word tables it is maddeningly difficult to select only part of cell's contents. Seems like every twitch of the mouse highlights the whole dang cell. Is there a setting I've missed that turns this behavior off and lets me edit in-cell text the same was a normal body text?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting text in Word tables

Simply set the insertion point at the beginning of the text to be selected and then use the Shift+Right Arrow to highlight the text.

Bob_D

JustCallMeAl

Another suggestion:

Put your cursor at the beginning of the what you want selected. Move your mouse pointer to the end. While holding down the Shift key, click with the moust.

BAM

Hi MMcDonnell,

The left side of the cell is the Selection Bar, just as it is on the left side of your Document. (This is when your cursor becomes a white arrow and each click selects text)

So if you are selecting text in the cell starting at the left and dragging to the right, then chances are you are in the Selection Bar and the entire cell is selected. The best way I have found to circumvent this is to select the text starting from the right and dragging to the left.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers!