5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lotus 1-2-3 (Windows XP PRO)

Is it possible to install and use an old version of Lotus 1-2-3 for DOS with Windows XP. The version of the Lotus is 2.3 and is on floppy disks.

Thanks

Re: Lotus 1-2-3 (Windows XP PRO)

I think this might fall into the category of "try it and see what happens," because that would be faster than finding someone who has tried it.

For general advice on running old DOS programs on Windows XP, your best bet might be gaming sites.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Jefferson hit the nail on the head - give it a go. Remember too that if at first you have a problem, don't forget "Compatibility" mode. I do have an OLD version of Lotus 1-2-3 from the 1997 era but that's not as old as yours. I don't even remember if at your level there was still that stupid copy protection thing. THAT could get in the way if it's there. Anyway, when I installed this 1997 version in XP Pro, I didn't have a bit of problem. Keep us posted.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well I tried and saw. NO GO. It would not install. I got to the point where it asked which drive to install to but would go no further. Thanks for your input but I am recommending that the fellow learn how to use Excel.