2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yahoo Problems (IE 5)

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I've been trying to log on to Yahoo and it keeps giving me this msg "Unable to process request at this time -- error 999". I have never seen this before. It seems like after trying a few times it will eventually let me log on. Doing a search on it I don't seem to be the only one. Thought about contacting Yahoo but since I'm not sure if I'll be able to access my email how would I find out what the problem is so I wanted to post it here. Is there anyone who knows what is going on and/or has it happen to someone else? If so, what's the problem and how could I fix it? I'm using Win98 at my friends place IE 5 so I don't want to dowload the newest version of IE as I don't know if Win98 would crash or not? Do you know if it could handle the newest IE version???? Thanks much for your help. Tira

Thanks

Re: Yahoo Problems (IE 5)

That sounds like a problem on the server side, not on your side, but it's hard to say for sure. One thing to check: does your friend have a personal firewall that might be blocking certain information from getting to Yahoo? For example, some Norton products will protect your privacy in a way that prevents you from logging on to some sites.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure if he has a firewall, but I think it doesn't make sense if after trying so many times I can actually log on and then again not. He has Norton Anti virus. I just sent an email to Yahoo support but that can take for ever until they answer and then, I don't know when and if I can actually log on to my account. &&^%$^$^ Thanks much, Tira

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I use the latest IE on Win 98 SE & don't have a problem.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Phil, I might just try to download IE6. Tira