Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data Vlook will not read (Excel 2000)

The cells that you are looking up contain spaces at the end so it is not finding an exact match.

You can resolve it by selecting the data that needs to be looked up and use Find/Replace to replace space with nothing, This will work providing none of the data contain spaces in the middle that you would probably want to keep.

You could also use the TRIM function to remove excess spaces and then use copy/paste special value to replace the original values.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I really do appreciate the insight. How did you see the spaces?

Thanks
    Bobby

New Lounger
    Thanks

Data Vlookup will not read (Excel 2000)

Many times I receive spreadsheets which VLOOKUP will not read the data. Sample attached. If I manually retype the data into each cell, it will read it. I retyped Item one and the Last item of the attached sample. This data in my sample is but a small part of a 1900 line item spreadsheet. Vlookup will read a good majority of the items, but, there are quite a few it will not read. I can use the t() function and copy, replace special/value, and the copied info will be read. Unfortunately the $$$ data will not be copied by the t() function.
    Any ideas of what is happening? Thanks Bobby

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The easy way is to click on the cell, then click in the formula bar. Then press the End key. Now hit the left arrow and see if the cursor moves over a character or over a space.
    Legare Coleman