Lounger
    Thanks

Windows XP (SP 2)

Hi, - recently I updated Windows XP to the SP 2 from CD. Everything works just fine, no problems except the sound from the Spider Solitaire game has disappeared. I have regular sound on all other programs. I checked in the game's Options, to make sure "use sound effects" is checked: it is. To make sure, I unchecked, rebooted, checked, rebooted again, to no avail. This is not a big deal, it just annoys me that it's not working properly. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Thanks

Re: Windows XP (SP 2)

It looks like the only sound option that game has is the one you have tried already.
    Why not uninstall the Spider game through, Control Panel>addremove programs>add remove Windows components>highlight accesories utlities, then click details>games. Uncheck Spider and reboot. Then go to the same route to CHECK Spider to install it again.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP (SP 2)

Hi, Bob,
    Thanks for the GOOD hint, sometimes the easiest solutions elude me. BUT... it didn't work, still no sounds. But then I remembered that this game resides in Windows>System 32, so I opened the game from there - and then there was sound. So I just made a new shortcut, and all is well. Thanks for jogging my thinking juices... Have a good Sunday