Thanks

Embed fonts (2003)

Is there a way to embed truetype fonts (like Word 2003) when sending an email, with Outlook's internal editor, in HTML format? It appears that when I occassionally choose HTML, so that I can choose how my email looks, the receiver doesn't see what I intended as he/she doesn't have the font I used installed on their system. The only way I've found, so far, to ensure the look, is to first save my formatted text as an image and then insert the image into the HTML formatted message body. Ideas?

Thanks

Re: Embed fonts (2003)

There is no way to embed fonts in an HTML message. In your style sheet (in the stationery for your messages), you can list the order in which fonts are substituted, so that you have a tiny bit more control.

If it's really critical, either image or PDF are the best choices.

I noticed in the security settings for IE that you can allow or disallow the browser from downloading fonts from the web. I'm not sure how a web page could instruct the browser to download a missing font, but you could investigate that. However, if the fonts are protected by copyright, you probably don't have the option to post them on the web for downloading, so you'd probably be back where you started.

Thanks

Re: Embed fonts (2003)

Using fonts isn't necessary for me as I normally post with plain text. Was simply experimenting with stationary/fonts and noticed this. I suppose that my using stationary (or fonts) isn't in the cards. Thanks for your response - I appreciate it.