3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tab Control Form (Access 2000)

Hello,
    I have a form with a "tab control" in the center with the tabs consisting of information mainly from only one table. I can't remember how to add information from another table to one of the tabs. Can this be done? I vaguely remember being able to drag and drop from some sort of a field list, but I can't seem to bring up this other table so I may be wrong. In any case, I can't find how to do it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Louise

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Tab Control Form (Access 2000)

In general, you can only display data from one data source on a form, but the trick is to use subforms, so that tables that are related to the main data source can be displayed in a subform. The are simple examples of subforms in the Northwind database. We often use multiple subforms, each on a separate tab control so that multiple factors about an object can be displayed on a single form. For example, you might want to display information about a person that includes address information, products purchased, details relative to charges on an account, etc. Hope this helps.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Wendell. I was also thinking of making a query using both tables and designing a form from the query. Will that work as well?
    Louise

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It will work as long as they are related tables that you can get unique records using joins. In general, queries work as well as tables, though you do need to worry about updatability with queries - see the Help file for more details on what makes a query updatable.
    Wendell