New Lounger
    Thanks

Formatting rich text in asp

Has anybody got any code/a class etc. that would format successfully on an asp page.

I have a VB app that uses Microsoft Rich TextBox 6 (SP4) so that bold/italic/underline can be used.
    The back end is SQL Server which in turn feeds an asp page.

At the moment any formatting shows up as rich text tags on the asp page field. These tags don't surround the affected words so I can't simply write replace code.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formatting rich text in asp

I have had good success with the freeware tool htmlArea: http://www.interactivetools.com/freescripts/

You will have to install a javascript class object in order to build the RTF text areas on a webpage. For what it's worth, the widget will output formatted HTML and this will store nicely in SQL Server (in a ntext field). hrmlArea has standard text formatting icons (bullets, tabs etc.) but it *does not* emit RTF, so there are limitations.

OTOH, it's free and extensible (if you don't mind javascript) and it only works in IE 5.5+ so you get what ya pay for....

Thanks

Googling returned a number of ActiveX controls, some of which are more expensive to license than others:

Mention converting strings:

RTF-2-HTML from EasyByte Software (both developer and server licenses required)
    R2Net from Logictran (both developer and server licenses required)

I didn't see string conversion mentioned (outputting to a document may be required):

HTML - RTF Converter for Win32/.NET from Sub Systems
    DocFrac (open source under LGPL)

New Lounger
    Thanks

many thanks