3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Weird View (Outlook 2003 SP1)

This morning I was attempting a Mail Merge email. I wasn't able to complete the merge and decided to just send a bcc instead.

When I opened a New Message, my view of Outlook had changed completely. My ruler showed 22 inches width and even though my font was still set at 12 pt, I couldn't read the text.

It now looks as if I am working in Microsoft Word instead of my usual Outlook email format. There are different Views on the bottom left of my Status Bar.

I obviously turned something on or off but this is driving me nuts! I sent myself an email message and it arrived looking normal.
    I have re-booted, checked my settings in Tools>Options; I don't know how to fix this.
    I checked that the ruler is still set for inches rather than pixels.

Any suggestions?
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird View (Outlook 2003 SP1)

Hi Barbara

That attachment shows you have Word set as your e-mail editor. You can turn this off by selecting Tools>Options... and on the Mail Format tab make sure that the option to use Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages is not selected.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird View (Outlook 2003 SP1)

Thank you, Tony. Yes, I do use Word as my email editor. After writing my "call for help", I went back to Outlook and discovered that my Zoom had been changed to 41%. I changed it back to 100% and, Voila!, I could see.

I can only guess that it was changed while I was wrestling with MailMerge. I wasn't even aware that the zoom ever changed in Outlook, so this was another learning experience. Thanks again for your prompt response to my posting. I really appreciate Woody's Warriors.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>