2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Embed TrueTypeFont into a template (2000)

Hello everybody!

At the moment, I am creating a new template. From saving a presentation, I know, that it is possible to embedd the used fonts into the presentation. Then it is possible to show the presentation from another computer with the correct layout, independent from the installed fonts on this machine. My idea now is to embedd the Corporate Identity fonts into my template to ensure that our users have the correct fonts available, independent from their installed fonts. In the Save as | Extras there is also the option embedd true type fonts, but somehow it did not work.
    Does anybody have experience with this?

Any help will be appreciated!

Many greetings, Porley

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embed TrueTypeFont into a template (2000)

When saving the presentation, go to the Tools drop-down menu and select Save Options, in the dialog at the bottom, Embed True Type Fonts...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If I recall correctly, you cannot embed a font into a template in PPT 2000. You can, though, do so in PPT 2002/2003. (It's been awhile since I tested this, but I'm almost positive that's correct.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well the problem is as follows. I can use the mentioned dialog. I have done this. Unfortunately it did not have the expected effect. I have copied my generated template with the embedded TTF to another computer, from which I knew that the TTF was not installed. I had to realize that the embedded font was substituted by something else.
    But I will try the same with PPT2002 as suggested.
    Thanks for your help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, PPT 2000 doesn't *tell* you you couldn't embed a font in a template -- it just doesn't embed the font.

One easy way to test is to embed Arial Unicode font. It's *huge,* so you can see immediately based on file size whether the font has been embedded or not. (I would recommend *not* using Arial Unicode because of this.)