3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hibernation problem (xp pro sr2)

When I return to my computer after a long period of time, the monitor is in standby mode. I move the mouse and the monitor and computer come to life. I'll start working on whatever, and after a minute or so the computer goes to the blue screen and says it is preparing to hibernate. It shuts itself down. I push the power button and then it resumes. This is very annoying.
    Why is it doing this? Under the hibernation tab on the power settings I have the "enabled hibernation" tab UNCHECKED. I can't find where else a setting is telling the computer to hibernate, especially while it is being used!!!!
    I assume there is a conflict somewhere and it is trying to hibernate, but can't until I bring it back to life.
    Any clues?
    Curiously, I have a winxp home sr2 machine at my office that I have set to "enable hibernation", but it never does. Bonus points if anyone can answer both!!!!
    thanks,

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Hibernation problem (xp pro sr2)

What are the settings on the "Power Schemes" tab?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

on the home computer (the one hibernating) it is: monitor 20 minutes; never turn off hard drives. on my office one, the Power Scheme box has a few extra options: it is set at: monitor 25m; Hard drive 45m; System standby 2H; system hibernate 3H. the system standby and system hibernate options are NOT on my XP pro home computer.
    thanks,

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I have mine set to "Never" on ALL settings and NO Hibernation on the other tab.

Try it this way for a while and see if the issue goes away.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.