thomas30

Printing problems

Whenever I try to print anything directly off the Internet or when attempting to print a help topic in Outlook, I get a Runtime error, Line 861 and: "An exception of type 'Microsoft Jscript runtime error: Object required' was not handled." Under debug, the following lines are highlighted:
    (!g_aDocTree["C"]
    ll!g_aDocTree["C"]._aaRect[1][0]
    ll!g_aDocTree["C"]._aaRect[1][0].contentDocument.body)

Those two ones in front of lines two and three are actually more like long straight lines, but was unsure how to reproduce them here. I am running Microsoft Outlook 2000, SR1, IE 5.50, and Windows NT 4.0. Thanks in advance for any help. Tom

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing problems

Tom, No idea as Java might as well be Greek to me, but you may get a quicker response if you post the make and model of printer as well. Not sure it is important but you never know.
    Granville

Thanks

What NT4 service pack are you on?

thomas30

There is no SR # listed, so I assume there has been no service packs installed. The NT version is listed as: 4.00.1281. My printer is a DeskJet 400.

Tom

thomas30

Let me add that the location of the error is in the following file as indicated at the top of the debug screen:

res://C:WINNTSystem32shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg
    The error appears to be in the shdoclc.dll file.

Tom

thomas30

Correction to my last post - I am running Service Pack 5. Under System in the Control Panel, no service pack is listed for Windows NT under the General tab. But under Explorer/Help/ABout Windows NT, Service Pack 5 is listed.

I tried replacing the Shdoclc.dll file from another person's computer who is not having this problem and it had no effect. I got the same error message when I tried to print a help topic in Outlook as well as when I tried printing something off the Internet?? I am guessing it might be the printer drivers although it prints fine from Microsoft Word. The driver is an NT mini driver, which according to the readme file, supports Windows NT 4.0.

Thanks

Not sure what's best.
    Can you upgrade to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/SP6/allSP6.asp>SP6a</A> ?
    Is this a recent problem? - if so can it be related in anyway to new software being installed?

thomas30

Upgrade to SP6a is not in my control. Outlook was installed within the last couple of months, so maybe reinstalling that may be worth a shot. Thanks for your time and effort.

Joeman

Have you reapplied the service pack. Generally this works.