2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Snapshot File viewer won't work (Access 2000)

Does anybody else have problems with the Snapshot viewer program? I have one machine that has Access 97 and Access 2000 installed on it. Every time after running Access 2000, I can't open a .snp file. Now, even after reinstalling the Snapshot viewer program I can't open a .snp file. It says that I don't have a file association for .snp files. If I check my list of file associations, SNP shows in the list of registered file types. I have even deleted SNP from the list and then added it back choosing Snapshot File from the list of associated file types. I have used regsvr32 to register all the DLLs that README.TXT for Snapshot 10.0 says are installed in the system folder. I have another machine that has 97 and 2000 installed on it and Snapshot Viewer runs fine. What is the problem?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Snapshot File viewer won't work (Access 2000)

Do you have two versions of the snapshot viewer installed? 2000 uses a later version than 97, and from your description it sounds like the problem you're having is with 97. Is that correct?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for replying, Charlotte. No, version 10.0 is the only installed version. At one point Control Panel|Add/Remove Programs did report two versions installed but I have removed both versions, reinstalled, and still have the problem. This problem has been vexing me for many months now and precedes the point that Control Panel reported two versions installed. Maybe I should delete version 10 and reinstall ver. 9? Incidentally, there are other machines in my office with the same problem, while others work OK.
    Jon

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, we have version 10 on our machines and have had no problems with 97 but we don't use the snapshot format with our 2002/2000 apps, so I don't know what to suggest. Are you using runtime or full installs of Access, and which version was installed first?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My machine has the full product versions of both 97 and 2000 and as I recall 2000 was installed after 97. In the past, after I have been able to reinstall Snapshot viewer successfully, it will run alright until I run Access 97 and then run Access 2000 and then it breaks.