New Lounger
    Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, England
    Thanks

Display Yes and No buttons in correct language (Word (2000))

I'm writing some core automations (a rewrite of something I did years ago in Word95 and WordBasic!) which will run on various language versons of Word2000. I am using vbYesNo to display the buttons on a MsgBox and when I run the code in the French and German versions they display as Yes and No instead of Oui and Non, or Ja and Nein. I'm sure that my old WordBasic code used to display them in the correct languages. I've tried using the numeric values instead but no difference. It's not a show stopper, all my error and information messages are in the correct language accessed via a lookup table, but it's annoying! Especially when the Microsoft windows display the buttons correctly.

Anybody got any clues on this one?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Display Yes and No buttons in correct language (Word (2000))

The button captions on a MsgBox should be in the language set in the Regional Settings control panel, i.e. if Windows is set to French, the buttons should read Oui and Non. As far as I know, there is no setting within Word to change this.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

afaik you can only change the Windows GUI language when you have the Language pack installed.

I do have some code lying about with which you can change whatever is on the buttons of a messagebox.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

New Lounger
    Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, England
    Thanks

That's what I thought! The different language versions of Word are on separate, supposedly language specific, Citrix Terminal Servers and we're wondering if the underlying Windows system is English and not as it's supposed to be because the settings in the Regional Options on the control panel makes no difference to my buttons! I've got the guy who's responsible for getting these servers configured correctly looking into the problem.
    Thanks to both of you for your help!
    Pam