Thread: MAPI (XP SP2)

New Lounger
    Thanks

MAPI (XP SP2)

I'm not sure where this message is coming from - XP sp2 or Norton Internet Security (I know, I know, this isn't a Norton
    forum but...) has anyone experienced this error message and what can I do about it:

"Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure"

I loaded the two pieces, sp2 and Norton, about the same time. I suspect it is Norton???? It takes about 3-4 minutes before
    the message appears after the system connects to the Internet. If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd really appreciate it - oh, and I don't have Quicken - I know that is one of the search returns I get.

Thanks

Re: MAPI (XP SP2)

Kate,

Message Application Programming Interface, ( MAPI ) enables different email apps to work together. It WAS or IS used by Intuit Quicken and the error message usually comes up when their files are old or outdated.

Did you once have Quicken or any other Intuit product on your system? If so, was it completely deleted? You may have remnants of a Quicken program.
    I would do a careful search in windows explorer for any traces of it and also look in your startup files for any mention. ( msconfig )
    If you are comfortable with Registry Edit, I would also search the reg for Intuit|Quicken and delete them.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks

Re: MAPI (XP SP2)

To quote an article from MSDN, "MAPI is used by various industry-standard e-mail clients, such as the Microsoft
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions