Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Can't send some emails (2003)

Very strange. On one PC in the office, some emails cannot be sent to two or three people within the office. Everyone is on Exchg Svr. What happens is Outlook does the autocomplete in the name, and then the message to just these two or three people sits in the outbox and never gets sent. If I type the e-mail address and don't permit the autocomplete, THAT message will go to the person.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't send some emails (2003)

That suggests the "nickname file" is corrupt. See this KB article

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the good suggestion. I'll take a look at that in the office this coming week.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I followed the instructions re the nickname file and renamed the nk2 file to *.bak and, of course, Outlook created a new nk2 file.
    Unfortunately, the problem didn't go away. There are stll three people on the internal list that this one person cannot e-mail. When the autocomplete is used, these three people cannot get mail from this one person. The messages stay in the outbox. If you type the e-mail address, there's no problem sending the e-mail.

I'm at a loss other than to reinstall Outlook 2003. I've tried detect and repair and the problem is still there.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How annoying. I'm sure you've checked, but in the spirit of trying like hell to hang a logical explanation on this illogical behavior -- Does this PC have those three people in a Contacts folder (try deleting them from Contacts folder or conversely, adding them from the GAL to your Contacts folder)? Are there any rules turned on? We sometimes discover multiple Outlook profiles have been created even though we don't permit our users to choose a profile (check the Mail control panel).

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Annoying is not the word for it, considering the amout of time I've spent trying to sort this out.
    Tomorrow I'll try removing them from the Contacts list and reentering them and see if that flies. Phew!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Also look for multi "nickname files" on the local drive(s), then check the sever in the users folder for ANY and delete them ALL.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.