Lounger
    Thanks

"Author" stamp on records

I am working with a lot of public folders in our office. Is there any way to see *who* authored (or edited) a particular item?

For instance, in a corporate address book, I can look at a contact entry's "all fields" tab and see the "created" timestamp. However, I can't seem to find the same type of info on the contact's author. The "author" field is always empty.

Any ideas? Do I have to "turn on" the collection of this information?

Thanks,

Mary

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: "Author" stamp on records

add the from field to the view. in the PF, right click on the headings and choose field chooser. find the from field (grab it from all mail fields if you need to) and drag to the heading row.

if using address cards, right click at the very top, just in the contact viewer and choose show fields.

FYI - this works on all items and the from field is the same as organizer if selecting from all contacts fields.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

if using the all fields tab of an opened item, choose all mail fields. you'll have two fields, changed by and from listed.

my experiense is that changed by is always the same person as listed in from, but maybe it's only a coincidence.

Lounger
    Thanks

Great - that works. On my files - Changed by and From *are* different when they should be, so that does work for me.

Thanks so much.

M