Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Report chart query (Access 2000 >)

Hi,

I had a report that contained a chart i drew up using the INSERT | CHART feature. I followed the standard prompts and did not link the chart to the source so as to generate 1 chart representing all the records.

I then viewed the chart and it looked great and showed my record data accurately.

I then switched back to design to change the chart size and make it bigger. When I switched back to report preview, the chart was plotting the default info that shows on the datasheet that appears when you double click the chart.

Attempts to correct this, and even redraw the chart resulted in the datasheet info plotting.

i have now deleted the cahrt due to frustration.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before...and if so, did you manage to correct it???
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report chart query (Access 2000 >)

I have never seen that happen. Are you sure the Row Source property of the chart control didn't get cleared?

What puzzles me is under which circumstances a chart will display the default data, and under which circumstances it will display the actual data while in design view. I have never been able to find a consistent pattern.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report chart query (Access 2000 >)

I have since deleted the chart, but that is a viable answer you gave. I can't recall having the chart properties open to accidentely delete the row source....but I never checked it...so that may have been the case????

The chart always displays the datasheet data in design view, but in report preview it should always display the record data!
    Regards,
    Rudi