Thread: Sony Clie

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sony Clie

Okay... I'm tired of searching for the solution, but I'm sure it has been posted before in some form or fashion.

I have a PEGN710C which has NEVER been able to connect to my computer. I've done just about everything including the order of installation, installing updated drivers, etc. only to come back to square one "new hardware found" "failed". I've checked in the Device Mangler and see that once I hit the sync on the PDA the cradle USB connection is seen under the "Ports" as Sony PEG (Com 17) with an explanation! Soon after, the PDA times out with no connection and the "port" disappears.

Can someone hellp guide me? I'm getting "Mouse Shoulder Syndrom"

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Sony Clie

There may be a "Reset" button, if so try it.
    The wife's HP PocketPC was giving us a similar issue and all that was needed was a reset.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sony Clie

Well, I have now done that and it didn't work, again. I have also tried a hard reset which didn't work either. Summary, so maybe I can get some help, the installation CD that came with the Sony Clie has an outdated Desktop software on it. I have followed directions in installing that first, then unistalling that program, and then installing the new Desktop. This has not worked either. I have never used this handheld and therefore has no information stored in it.... think I should just pitch it?