Lounger
    Thanks

Bad Login or Password?

We have a computer in our network that will not let us log on. For the last month it has been telling us to recheck the Users Name and or Password and Domain. As far as we know nobody has changed the users name or password and it still won't let us log on to the computer. I have physically disconnected it from the wireless network it was communicating with but still nothing! We could Fdisk and Format it I guess and reinstall the operating system but the staff member has some pictures on the hard drive she doesn't want to lose and there are two other computers she can use for the time being. It's a Dell Desktop with Windows 2000 Professional operating system. Is there any way to bypass the log in? We had an IT person in but so far he was unable to do anything unless we want to format it which we're going to do anyway. In case you think we're trying to do something illegal you can contact the S.F. Hearing and Speech Center in S.F. for verification.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bad Login or Password?

Is this computer part of a Domain network? If so, typically, the domain administrator can log on to the box.
    Christopher Baldrey

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bad Login or Password?

Actually I am also the administrator and it won't let me log on as Administrator with my password either. It is a Domain as I understand it. I believe we have been having problems with our server and we are in the process of having an IT firm come in and redo our whole network and they suggested using a different operating system for our server. I have another computer that occasionally won't let us log on until I disconnect the wireless antenna and reboot, then it lets us log on and I can reconnect the antenna and everything's Ok but that hasn't worked with this other computer. I entered setup and found the security setting and tried resetting the pasword but that didn't work either. I have checked the server and the user name as we know it is enabled although I can't connect to that terminal.I could call Dell but I have had problems getting straight answers from Pakistan no offense meant.