4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Format date headaches (Access 2000)

I use a wonderful code in the AfterUpdate event of the combo box to search for dates
    by the way this is a part of a solution suggested by Francois from the present Forum.

The code is the follwoing :
    Me.Call_Listing_Subform.Form.Filter = "[day] = #" & Format(Me.Combo11, "dd/mm/yyyy") & "#"
    It works perfectly provided i have a slash and not a do between the dates..
    I tried to change that into a dot like that:

Me.Call_Listing_Subform.Form.Filter = "[day] = #" & Format(Me.Combo11, "dd.mm.yyyy") & "#"

I also changed the date setting in the Regional options,in order to have the same format.
    However,when i use dots both in my code and in the Regional settings,i receive the message Syntax
    error.I suppose this is is something to do with the Regional settings,but is there ay way to avoid
    this prolem ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Format date headaches (Access 2000)

You should use US date format mm/dd/yyyy in your code, independently of your regional settings:

Me.Call_Listing_Subform.Form.Filter = "[day] = #" & Format(Me.Combo11, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

It is also a good idea to set the Format property of the combo box to one of the date formats.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Hans

Thank you very much for your answer. I do get syntax error also when i use the US Date format:
    Me.Call_Listing_Subform.Form.Filter = "[day] = #" &
    Format(Me.Combo11, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

My regional setting are set to dot. : dd.MM.yyyy

If i set them to a slash, then the code works,but i dont want to change the format the way we issue

documents which are of the type 09.09.04 and not 09/09/04.
    I am attaching the form with this problem.I receive Syntax error on opening.
    If the date format problem is too difficult to solve,is there also another wat to seek data
    as shown in the form ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I changed the date format in regional settings to dd.mm.yyyy and got the same error you got - apparently VBA doesn't convert dates correctly. I could get around it by changing / to - in the code:

Me.Call_Listing_Subform.Form.Filter = "[Den] = #" & Format(Me.Combo11, "mm-dd-yyyy") & "#"

where Den was originally in Cyrillic (I had to get rid of the Cyrillic characters in order to work with the database).

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Hans,

Many,Many,Many thanks !! I open now my database smoothly and i thank you very much !!!