Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Is 'MPlayer2.exe' on all recent computers? ((All))

Task: Create a "CD-Extra" disc that AutoPlays an MPG file with Windows Media Player when inserted into a computer. (Done) (Even have the icon and label set correctly!)

However, I now want to make the video play full screen (yeah, I am never quite satisfied!)

Problem: "Windows Media Player for XP" (aka WMP-8) and WMP-7 don't support the command-line option for "/fullscreen"! That is correct -- believe it or not. WMP-6 (aka "Media Player 2" or mplayer2.exe) does -- and so does WMP-9 and WMP-10 -- but *not* versions 7 or 8.

There are complicated solutions I could use -- like creating an HTML page and embedding MediaPlayer with the fullscreen parameter set, and then have the HTML page AutoPlay on CD insertion -- but I need this done soon and I don't want to embark on an even more complicated task!

Possible solution: Does every recently made computer with WinXP on it also have the "mplayer2.exe" file in their "Program Files/Windows Media Player" directory?? Mine does, and I can theorecticall solve this problem by using this file.

I have the original WMP-8 (Media Player for XP) on the box and it also includes the old version (Media Player 6.4). Does installing version 9 or 10 remove this old version?? Do you all have mplayer.exe?? Please let me know. THANKS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Is 'MPlayer2.exe' on all recent computers? ((A

I believe mplayer2.exe is installed with all versions of Windows Media Player since WMP 7. My system originally had WMP 9 installed and I have since updated to WMP 10. The mplayer2.exe file is in that directory.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Is 'MPlayer2.exe' on all recent computers? ((All))

My work PC (from the summer of 2003, originally Windows XP Pro SP1, now SP2), has:
    wmplayer.exe (version 9.0)
    mplayer2.exe (version 6.4)
    Both are dated August 4, 2004, so they are apparently both part of Windows XP SP2.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Is 'MPlayer2.exe' on all recent computers? ((All))

Perfect. Thanks for the info.