New Lounger
    Thanks

NIS2005 and Windows98

Does anyone know how I can fix what NIS2005 has done to my home Yahoo e-mail connected to (well, supposed to be but isn't) the internet via AT&T? Seems like NIS2005, which removed my NIS2003 when it self-installed from a store-bought CD, doesn't know that I like the AT&T internet connection and my Yahoo e-mail, both of which say they are compatible with Symantec products, and vice-versa. Should I uninstall NIS2005, and ... then what? Could I have missed some settings because I wasn't asked to make them. The UserManual is practically useless. I'd call Symantec but my experience thus far is that they are not particularly helpful. Aaarrrggghhhhhh!

Thanks

Re: NIS2005 and Windows98

Susan,
    I'm afraid that your best recourse is going to be Symantec.
    Have you gone over the Symantec settings to see if there are exclusions you can make to allow ATT & Yahoo? Just accepting the default settings is not always the best thing to do.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks and bless ya, darlin. Hate to have to do it but I will ask Symantec.

Thanks

Could you explain this problem in a little more detail? Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express to retrieve mail from Yahoo! (i.e., POP mail) over an AT&T connection, or are you using Yahoo! mail to retrieve your AT&T mail over a DSL account or...?

As you know, Norton Internet Security contains multiple products, all of which can interfere in different ways. Antivirus will intercept inbound and outbound mail by changing your connection settings; Personal Firewall will block connections to your computer (maybe even by Antivirus); and Privacy (not sure of the exact name) may restrict your computer from sending cookies and browser identifying information to sites that require it.

So in order to debug this one, we'd need more information about what you are trying to do, which components of NIS you're running, and what you've tried so far.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your concern. I have been waiting for Symantec's response but have not heard from them yet. Will be in touch, eventually.