Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Template changed? (WinNT/Word97)

Documents created by a template I have been working on for a while have suddenly started asking if I want to save changes to the template every time I save the document, but it doesn't give you any indication of what might have changed or how to find out!

Does anyone have a idea of what might cause this? As far as I am aware nothing in the document changes the template at all!

At worst, an idea of where to put the line telling it to assume it IS saved so it doesn't keep asking would help!

Many thanks in advance!
    Beryl M

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Template changed? (WinNT/Word97)

Another thought - a way to tell when the line that makes the template think it's changed is run? Maybe it could notify when the template's status is changed to unsaved, if one was running through it line by line at the time?
    Beryl M

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

How about setting a watchpoint that causes a break when ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate changes value.

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.GIF (11.1 KB, 0 views)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Beryl:
    Have you added, deleted, or changed any autotext entries...or used the Spike? These cause changes to the attached template & can sometimes be overlooked. Other things would be shortcut keys, styles that are added to the template, & toolbars. Other than that, you should run an up to date virus checker. One more thought, do you have any add-ins? Acrobat is one that comes to mind that causes changes.