New Lounger
    Thanks

IE6 + SP2 blows PDF (IE6 + XPH + SP2)

Since I installed SP2, when I try to read a PDF file with the Adobe Reader 6 plugin off the internet, IE says "Sorry, I have to close." and dies.

If I save the file to disk, and try to read it, IE says it has restricted active content & tells me to click for options. When I allow blocked content, it asks again if I want active content to run. When I say yes, Adobe Reader comes up and shows the file fine.

I also have no problem reading the file from the internet with Firefox, or from disk with the standalone Adobe Reader.

So IE suicides only when I am reading a pdf file from the internet, and it is loading the Adobe plugin, and it should be asking me whether I want it to run.

Have others had this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Yes, I could just switch to Firefox, but I need the ability to edit the source code of HTML files which IE has, and FF doesn't.

Harvey

Thanks

Re: IE6 + SP2 blows PDF (IE6 + XPH + SP2)

Perhaps Adobe needs to do an update?? In the short run, you could change the Acrobat Reader preferences so that rather than opening in the browser, clicking a link to a PDF will launch (in) the Reader. Is that acceptable? (Edit>Preferences...>Internet>Display PDF in browser)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Since the Adobe program runs everywhere else, I think that it's Microsoft that has to do an update! <G>
    But, till I can get Bill's attention, I'll see if I can do as you say. I'll go look for the preferences in Reader.
    I'm rather surprised if I'm the first to experience this problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah! That work-around did it! Now Bill can take his sweet time fixing the bug!
    And in poking around the options, I also got rid of the splash screen.
    Thanks!

Harvey