I've spent the last 3 hours trying to work past this error with no luck, so I'm posting the stripped down version of the database to see what the problem is. The code is copied from the multiselect article mentioned in post 402675. I got it to work last night on a different in order to get a form to open, and in that instance I played with and changed the code. I simply substituted my field names in this one so I'm really confused as to why its blowing up. First I get an error message "You canceled the previous action". Then when I go to check the query I get the error "Data type mismatch in criteria expression". I don't understand or know where to begin.