Lounger
    Thanks

Copy lookup tables to several machines (Access2K)

In my application I have place all of my lookup tables in the front end on all of my users machines. Ocasionally, records on the lookup tables need to be updated and this newly updated tables need to be copied to the other pcs. I have allowed only one or two person the privilege to change the records in the lookup tables. Hoeever, I need for all users to have the same data in their lookup tables. Can anyone advise on the best way to do this i.e. copy the lookup table that is on one machine to another machine?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Copy lookup tables to several machines (Access

If you move the lookup tables to the back end then any changes will automatically be available to all users.

What was youir reason for putting them in the front end?
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Copy lookup tables to several machines (Access2K)

The usual reason for putting lookup tables in the front-end is to improve performance, but with Jet 4.0 we don't really see much benefit, since if the tables are being used regularly, they are normally cached on the workstation. But if you want to be really sure, one way is to import the lookup tables into the front-end from the back-end each time the users opens the front-end. Do you have significant performance problems?
    Wendell