5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spacing Before/After command (Word97/SR 2)

Hello, all -

Is there a separate command for Spacing, Before/After? I would like to drag it up to the Menu bar, but I can only find FormatParagraph, not the specific Before/After option.

In All Commands I

Thanks

Re: Spacing Before/After command (Word97/SR 2)

If you press Ctrl+0 (that's a zero), Word will add or remove 12 points of spacing before. That's the only thing I've seen that bypasses the dialog.

It would be convenient to have drop-downs on the toolbar for Space Before and Space After that work similarly to the font size drop-down, but I think it would take quite a bit of work to program that. Alternatively, can you create styles for the different formats you need and assign those to your paragraphs? (Some would say this is better than direct formatting anyway, because you later can tweak them all at once by redefining the style.)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I agree with Jefferson, but just FYI, the commands are:
    OpenUpPara
    CloseUpPara
    OpenOrCloseUpPara

The Ctrl+0 operates as a toggle for the third command. However, your choices are limited to 12 points above or zero. If your paragraph has anything other than 12 points above, the toggle will change it to 12 above & then to zero...nothing else.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Jefferson, and you, too Phil.

I was aware of Control+0, but I often need to add 16, 18, 24 pts above/below.

Re suggestion of styles: 'cause of the many different formatsI need to employ, I think I'd go crazy w/so many styles.

Your speed of response, and suggestions, are, as always, most, most appreciated.

ACM

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know how many different styles & variations of spacing you need, but, as Jefferson suggested, you can define new styles that include the spacing, & then assign keyboard shortcuts to them. e.g. to apply the normal style, the shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+N. You could create a normal style with 16, 18, & 24 space above & assign keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Num1Num6, Ctrl+Num1Num8, & Ctrl+Num2Num4 respectively.