4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

F4 shortcut not working on formatting (XP)

I needed to run both Office 97 and XP on one machine. The Microsoft Website says that 97 must be installed first so I uninstalled XP, installed 97, and then reinstalled XP. (Asside, I was very surprised at how many settings the "Save my Settings Wizard" does not save.) Anyway, most everything is now working except in Word, F4 does not always work. It repeats data entry/editing just fine but does not repeat formatting application. Any suggestions?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: F4 shortcut not working on formatting (XP)

Hi Ronnie:
    Under what specific circumstances doesn't it repeat applied formatting? If you apply formatting & do not do anything else except select some other text, it should repeat the formatting. If you perform any other action in between, it will not apply formatting, since that isn't the last action.

FWIW, another way to apply formatting is to first place the cursor in the paragraph or word whose formatting you want to copy & press Ctrl+Shift+C. You can then perform other actions. When it's convenient for you, select the text you want to paste formatting to & press Ctrl+Shift+V. You can apply styles this way also.
    Cheers,

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: F4 shortcut not working on formatting (XP)

After a few days, it has magically healed itself. Strange!

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson