Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

colour code my code (OfficeXP SP3)

Hi

In the VBA code - the default code colours are black & blue & comments are in the colour green.
    I have a feeling that this may not be possible....

is it possible to highlight my code changes in a different colour, so while on screen & scanning through the code ts easier to detect & locate my code.
    this is purely just for my own purpose, while the code is in a specific stage of the development cycle. once the code goes live then obviously the code would be the default colours.

i place comments at my code changes & also print out, however when i have to merge all the code together sometimes i accidentally miss the new code.

any ideas?
    or is there tool to detect differences in the code in one version of the template & another version of the template?
    Diana

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: colour code my code (OfficeXP SP3)

Sorry, I do not believe that there is any way to control the color or other format of the code in the VBA editor.
    Legare Coleman

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

thanks legare - had a feeling that may be the case....diana :-)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by JohnBF on 25-Oct-04 12:23. Repeat 100 times: I must read the question carefully before posting!)</P>It's possible to change the VBE Code display Settings, though it's a bit of a pain. See the dialog graphic attached to this post, found under the VBE Tools | Options, this example from Excel. However, I don't think there is a color coding way to highlight code changes; you could try bookmarks, line numbering, and comments for that purpose, and if you search in this forum I think there are posts on code backup and code comparison tools.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS