2 Star Lounger
    the great white north..., Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks

click/drag/highlight?

hello to one and all!

greetings from the great white north (yes, i can say that, as we've had frost thick enough to look like snow, and to be scraped like snow, too!). as usual, i have a question.

up until recently, i have been able to click and drag to highlight something that i want to copy or delete or somesuch, with no problem. now, no matter what i do, what i try to highlight won't stay highlighted. as soon as i get to the end of whatever the item is, the highlighting disappears. this is most frustrating, especially when it's a long piece that i am trying to copy into another document. does anyone have any idea as to why this is (or is not, as the case may be) happening? is there something i can do to fix it/make it work again?

i am using windows 2000 and office 2000 pro. this happens in both office and any other place or file that i am in; it's not office specific. oh, i haven't made any changes to anything, other than to update windows this past week. it was happening before i did the update, too.

any help that you can send my way will be greatly appreciated, as always. thanks for your help; i look forward to hearing from all y'all. until then, take care and God bless.

smiles-
    ladyleadfoot!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: click/drag/highlight?

So, even here in The Lounge, if you were to try highlighting some text in a post, it doesn't work, huh? I'm probably stretching here, but do you suppose your mouse could be malfunctioning? If you can try another, that would be a quick test to see if we really need to dig into the OS...

Thanks

Hi ladyleadfoot!
    I too, suspect that your mouse might be the problem. Besides what Al suggested, do you have a copy of TweakUI from MS?
    Under" Mouse" in the tree displayed is a setting for mouse sensitivity and Hover time. I have mine set at 2 and 155, that seems to work fine for me, but you can experiment to find a setting to suit your needs.

You can get Tweakui at TWEAK

Even if that doesn't solve your immediate problem, it's a good little utility to have around.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

That link is for the Windows XP version of TweakUI, the version for Windows 2000 is available from here.