3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page 0 of 30 (Word 2002 SP-1)

In a 30-page document with only one section, I have a Page x of xx problem. Page 1 of 30 shows correctly in the footer on page 1. However, on page 2 and all remaining pages, where this statement is required to be in the header, I get Page 0 of 30. Deleting and re-inserting from Insert -> Page Numbers or from the # insert on the Header toolbar gives the same result. F9, still 0 of 30. Help!

Thanks

Re: Page 0 of 30 (Word 2002 SP-1)

Honestly, I cannot keep track of which service packs for which versions of Office fix the Page X of Y problems that have plagued Word for years. If you are still on SP1, you might try installing SP2 and SP3 and see if that helps.

As for potential problems in your document, it is possible to restart page numbering at 0 in each new section. Since you only have one section, that can't be the problem.

I assume you are checking with Print Preview, since that is when Word will update pagination and header and footer fields. You also could try printing to PDF (to save trees) and see if the problem continues at that stage, or whether it only occurs in the screen display.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page 0 of 30 (Word 2002 SP-1)

I removed my background D R A F T text and the page numbers magically reset to their correct values. In my environment, I do not have the ability to add service packs, but I will make sure I'm up to date at home. Thanks!